Tourism is an industry that thrives on breathtaking landscapes, from serene blues of beaches to lush greenery of mountainous terrains, a desert hardly comes to the mind. A three-month long festival, Rann Utsav celebrates the culture of Kutch, and the phenomenal beauty of White Rann – a salt-encrusted desert terrain. A high decibel campaign that involved celebrity endorsements lead to high awareness yet when it came to bookings all was not well.
The first step was to position the brand as a place for all things celebration using vibrant colours across all designs. The roman letters of the English alphabet were styled in devnagri script, and the new identity with its lower case fonts was designed to reflect the humble beauty of Kutch.
Inspired from the local art and craft, the architecture and the bright colours of Kutch’s traditional handicraft, we defined specific elements and designed the entire space to reflect the vibrant beauty that defined Rann. The result was an exotic and authentic experience that truly differentiated Rann Utsav as a one-of-a-kind getaway.
Apart from the peak season during festivals, we identified and ideaed strategic packages to attract visitors on three fronts.
1. Slack Period – includes weekdays and off-season time
2. MICE Activities – positioning Rann Utsav as an ideal choice for corporate affairs
3. Innovative Audience Engagement Solutions – Celebrating special events by organizing musical nights by well-known bands, and special performances by well-known artistes.
One of the misconceptions prevailing about Rann Utsav was that apart from visiting the White Desert, there wasn’t anything much to do at the site. Our aim was to ensure people knew the existence of a whole range of activities that included adventure sports, musical concerts, other places to visit near Rann Utsav and much more.
Apart from mass media, we went big on digital, with a revamped website for direct bookings, emailers and ads on google, we created conversions through the website that ensured we did not miss out on travelers who would not approach agents or travel websites to book a holiday.
Social Media Posts
- 12,852,315 people were reached from all across the globe
- We ranked on the 1st Page of google.in for 60 important keywords
- 3,50,000 people were engaged on our website over a period of 7 Months
- Every 393rd guy visiting our website showed an interest in participating in the festival, organically
- 45 emailers were mailed to over 5,85,874 people over a period of 7 Months
- 5945 leads were generated with our paid marketing campaigns
- 813 leads were generated organically through our strategies